Monday 12 February 2024

Six Animal Birthday Cards


Welcome to Masculine Card Monday here on my blog!

I am always so inspired by patterned paper. I opened the drawer where I have these 6x6" paper pads looking for something completely different but spied this older pad and pulled it out. Then I went looking through my Sheetloads for a 6x6" paper edition and decided to go with the one from November 2021.

As usual when I am creating a Sheetload I cut down all the papers and cardstock according to the sketch & cutting guide, then I adhere everything down to the card bases. At that point I start looking through my stash to see what I already have that can be used to decorate the front. Since the majority of Sheetload cards I make are Birthday Cards I'll be donating to my Mom's old nursing home, I knew I would have a Happy Birthday somewhere on the front.

I pulled out a bin of stamped and die or fussy cut images that were done many years ago. These ones were already coloured and everything! I used to haul stamped images when we were camping or at our cabin and would spend the evenings colouring and fussy cutting. I only used a fraction of what I made up and everything left went into a clear bin. 

I added the animals to the card fronts with foam tape and the Happy Birthday onto a fishtail banner and my fronts were done.


Inside is a stamped sentiment on a white panel and there is lots of room for the staff to sign for the residents who will be receiving these cards.


When I was finished these cards, I had another look at the remaining papers and cut down more sheets for a second set of cards. I'll be sharing those next week.

Supplies used:
Patterned paper - 6x6" Reunion, My Minds Eye (old, from my stash)
Animal Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs (retired)
Water colour pencils
Water brush
In & Out Birthday stamps - Taylored Expressions
Mini Misti
Various cardstocks
Catherine Pooler inks

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!