Wednesday 7 February 2024

Slimline Sympathy Card Duo


I had been flipping through some of my Slimline paper packages to see what would work with the Grassy Grove forest die (see the last card I made with that die HERE). When I saw this beautiful cloud piece with the sun rays streaming through - I knew I wanted to make it into a sympathy card. Since there were two of the same prints in the package, I ended up making two cards.

I like butterflies on a sympathy card, so I pulled out an older punch that punches the tiny butterflies as well as a medium sized one. Adding three of the tiny butterflies to each of the card fronts, I gave them a bit of shimmer with Wink of Stella.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment on a scalloped panel, and added a medium butterfly that was inked with the same blue ink & a blending brush. Then I added two more butterflies using the negative punched piece as a stencil.  


Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Glorious Sky Slimline Paper - Whimsy
Slim Oversized With Sympathy die, Picket Fence Studios
Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart (old)
Wink of Stella
Slimline Lacy Layers - Waffle Flower
Wink of Stella
Sentiment - Inside Out Sympathy, Catherine Pooler
Small blending brushes
Catherine Pooler coloured inks

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!