Monday 13 July 2020

Woodgrain & Dogs Birthday Card Duo



Hello crafty friends ...

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog, and today I'm sharing two dog themed Birthday cards I made using this fun Loops Cover die set from Studio Katia. I didn't plan on making two cards, but after I die cut the Loops Cover die from the woodgrain patterned paper for the shaker, I saw all those woodgrain fallaway circles with their pierced edges and decided to use them for a second card. I used the die cut as a 'place holder' for the second card so I could adhere the circles to the tan woodgrain panel and keep them even. Once they were down nice and secure, I lifted off the original panel and saved it for the shaker card shown below this one.


The dog stickers are so cute and I've had them for a long time so it was fun to use them. The one on the card below came with a black felted nose! I stamped the Yappy Birthday onto a Fishtail Banner and added it below the dog sticker, which had been adhered to one half of a Katherine Label die from Karen Burniston.


Here is a peek at the inside.  Both cards were done the same inside, with a stamped sentiment and I used a Paw Print die from Echo Park to cut into the white panel revealing the black card base underneath.


My second card is a shaker card and I only used one layer of foam tape since the sequin filler has enough room to move around with a single layer. If I were adding balls or gems, I would have added a second layer of foam tape.


I added a narrow strip of foam tape across the centre of the card when I was assembling the shaker, so not all the sequins would fall behind the dog. The ones on the upper half remain there.


Finally, here is a closer look at the shaker filler.


These cards were fun to make, and they will be in my stash until it's time to mail or gift them.

Supplies:
Loops Background die - Studio Katia
Woodgrain paper - Wood Necessities, My Minds Eye
Stitched Rectangle dies - Studio Katia
Acetate
Microbeads
Sequins form my stash
Various card stock & scraps from my stash
1011 Katherine Label Pop Up (label) - Karen Burniston
3-D Dog stickers - Recollections
Sakura white gel pen
Happy Birthday - Party Dogs, Mama Elephant
Wonky Stitched Rectangle die - MFT Stammps
Inside stamp - Pawsome, Taylored Expressions
Pawprint die - Bark, Echo Park

Card sizes, both - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"




Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!