Sunday 26 July 2020

Large Butterfly Shaker Card




Hello crafty friends ...

There is no talking in this YouTube video - just a quickie to show you the shaker card in action.



I had received this large Butterfly Shaker Card kit from Queen & Company with one of my orders last year, and with our recent summer weather (FINALLY!) I was in the mood to make something summery. I opened the kit and was pleased to see that it came with everything I needed to make two A2 sized Butterfly Shaker Cards! 

I pulled out the supplies to create one of them, and decided to make a larger than A2 card - this card and envelope is a set I picked up from Michaels a few years ago. I inked the butterfly cut out piece with my Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes then stamped a background image repeatedly to cover the front. After I assembled the shaker and adhered it to my glittery card front, I added some no-hole sequins from Studio Katia, a white embossed sentiment on a fish tail banner and the Hello die. Then I punched a few butterflies using an older Martha Stewart punch.

Once I was finished with the card, I decided to wrap the shaker foam with a double wrap of orange Bakers Twine to hide the foam a little. It's a solid piece of double sided foam so the edges were nice and neat anyhow - but I liked the finish and little detail the Bakers Twine gave it.

Here is a peek at the inside, where there is lots of room to write a note. I added three of the punched butterflies and a pretty no hole sequin on each one. I added a little stencilling on the envelope as well.



Supplies:
Butterfly Shaker Card Kit - Queen & Company
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Catherine Pooler Inks
Playful Backgrounds - Stampin' Up
Various filler from my stash
Card and Envelope set - Michaels
Patterned paper - Citrus Stack (8 x 8") - DCWV
Hello die - MFT Stamps
Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart
Crystal Rainbow Confetti - Studio Katia
Wink of Stella
Bakers Twine
Stencil - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fishtail Banners - MFT Stamps
Hey You - More Essential Sentiments, MFT Stamps
Card size - 5 x 6.5" (fits in the included envelope)


Thanks for stoping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!