Tuesday 14 July 2020

Ice Cream Cone Shaker Gatefold Card



Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing another Ice Cream themed Slimline card that I sent to our middle daughter and family. Every July (on a certain day) my Grandpa would take my Mom to the Soda Shop in their little town for an Ice Cream Sundae. She continued the tradition with my brother and I even once we were living on our own!  When my Dad could no longer drive, we would make sure my Mom got her ice cream sundae on that day. Now that she is in heaven, we keep that tradition going with our children and grandchildren. It's a happy way to honour her memory! 


I created a Gatefold Slimline card this time. The measurements were the same as cutting a regular Slimline ... 7 x 8.5". Instead of scoring in the centre at 3.5", I scored it 1-3/4" from each side. So my folded card is 3.5 x 8.5".

The decorative panel on the front front is 3 x 5.5", and I added a fun shaker Ice Cream Cone from the Sweet Shop set by Queen & Company.



Here is the card open, and I used Slimline dies from Pink Fresh Studio for the decorative panels in the centre.


I used my i-crafter blending brushes to add the colour around the Crosshatch Circle, and the sentiment was printed from my computer. I also added a bit more colour to the right side of the inside by cutting a stitched fishtail banner from more of the pretty, sparkly patterned paper.


Supplies:
Sweet Shop Shaker kit - Queen & Company
Sweet Shop Outline Dies - Queen & Company
Clear Drops Mix 2 - Studio Katia
Silver Sequins - Studio Katia
Crystal Rainbow Confetti - Studio Katia
Sakura white gel pen
Patterned paper - Abrianna, K & Company (old, from my stash)
Slim Ornate Banner - Pink Fresh Studio
i-crafter Blending Brushes
Label - Foundations #4, Queen & Company
Crystal Clear Confetti - Studio Katia
Mallow Crystals - Studio Katia
Circle Crosshatch die - Karen Burniston

Card size:  3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope



Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. what a fun card, ice cream, shaker, slimline and trifold all packed in one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!