Saturday 4 July 2020

'May The Forest Be With You' Birthday Card


Hello crafty friends ...

When I did the Canada Day Video Hop video, I shared the sheet of card stock that I printed with digital stamps from Angie Blom Digital Designs. She had generously donated several digital kits to the Video Hop participants, and I loved them so much I went to her online shop and purchased a few more. These trees & clouds are from the Camping Adventures digital kit. Since they were printed on the same sheet as the Maple Leaves for treat holders - I wanted to get this piece coloured and onto a card. I added colour quickly using chalks and q-tips, then added additional colour with Copic markers. 

I cut the tree design into a square with a Your Next Stamp Stitched Square die, then grabbed this tan plaid patterned paper scrap from my stash so it would fit on an A2 card. 'May the Forest be with you' is included in the Camping Adventures set, so I sized it to fit on a stitched fishtail banner before printing.


The stamps inside, and the leaping child on the front are from Colour Layering stamp sets from Hero Arts, which are listed in the supply list below.


I really enjoyed making this card, and it will go into the bin to be donated to my Mom's old nursing home. I like to include some masculine cards as well as generic and more feminine ones.

Supplies:
White and kraft card stocks
Stitched Square Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Camping Adventures - Angie Blom Digital Stamps
Chalks - Stampin' Up
Q-Tips
Copic Markers
Fishtail Banner - MFT Stamps
Blueprints #12 - MFT Stamps
Kraft plaid patterned paper - scrap from my stash
Boy - Color Layering Pier at the Lake, Hero Arts
Stitched Rectangle Die Set - Your Next Stamp
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Inside stamps - Color Layering Mountains At The Lake, Hero Arts

Card size - Standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!