Saturday 25 July 2020

Gnome Shaker Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Even though this isn't a Pop Up card, I still did a YouTube video to talk about some of the details of this card and Karen Burniston COMING SOON release!



As soon as I saw the frame die in the new Flip Frame Pop Up, I thought ... Shaker Card! Haha - I wasn't alone, as so did teammate Kelly B. Kelly shared hers already as part of the New Release Blog Hop - and her blog is linked on the right if you want to go check it out.

No surprise that I chose to make a Slimline Card! I knew I wanted to try out the super cute Gnome & Santa die as well, so pulled out some bright and cheerful patterned paper from my stash and got to work. It's just a bonus that the paper is also embedded with glitter so it's super sparkly.


How CUTE is this new Gnome?  The mushroom also comes in the set, as well as a optional little die to turn the Gnome into a Santa for the holidays. 

Once I adhered the frame to the card front I didn't feel like there was enough contrast for me. So I cut the frame again from black card stock, snipping the sides off and adhering them behind the blue patterned one. This took a bit of fiddling, since there was foam tape to try to work around. But it worked out and I was happier with it in the end.



When I was thinking about this card, I intended to make it a portrait format, but as I laid out the frame and sprigs etc, I changed my mind and did a landscape card. Yes, the frame and sun hangs over the top edge, but I will be mailing this card in a #10 Business envelope which is designed to hold a card 4" wide. My Slimline card is 3.5" wide, so I have just over 1/2" of leeway in the envelope. I like the additional detail these overhanging elements give the card.

The sun is from the new Landscape Scene (LOVE the big size of it) and the from the garden is from the older Garden Charms. Easier to see in the video, but those tiny iridescent butterflies are SOOO pretty!



Finally, here is a peek at the inside.




***The New Release was available for preorder on July 16th with shipping (in the order received) starting August 3rd. 

Supplies:
1134 Flip Frame Pop Up - Karen Burniston***
Patterned paper - Citrus Stack, DCWV (8 x 8")
Acetate
Various shaker filler from my stash
Various card stock scraps
White card stock
Dotted Slimline Die Set 2 - Studio Katia
1085 Garden Charms - Karen Burniston
1002 Word Set 1 Greetings - Karen Burniston
1134 Flip Frame Pop Up (sprig, stitched rectangle) - Karen Burniston***
Sunshine stamp inside - Impression Obsession
1141 Landscape Scene (sun & clouds) - Karen Burniston***
Iridescent Butterfly embellishments - Studio Katia

Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. such a fun shaker card, love that new gnome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Gnome as a shaker Card
    Cynthia Johnson-Dailey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!