Thursday 9 July 2020

Bright Circles Birthday Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing a card that I had a lot of fun making even though it is not what you are used to seeing from me. I had ordered this Loop Cover Die from Studio Katia and couldn't wait to play with it. This is the card I saw in my head when I was ordering the die, so I grabbed some card stock scraps and got it made.




I really like the Crystal Rainbow Confetti, with the variety of iridescent colours. I chose a blue, green, yellow and pink one then adhered them to the coordinating circles for some sparkle. I love a little bling on a Birthday Card!


In the photo below, you can also see the embossed lines that are between each of the circles. Such a nice feature in the die. Also, each of the fallaway circles have a lovely piercing detail to them. So you could easily back the black background with strips of coloured card stock for a similar effect - but since I liked the piercing marks I actually die cut them using card stock scraps and inked the edges of each circle. They were then inlaid back into the black background.




Inside I used this pretty Happy Birthday stamp, adding the same ink colours as on the card front (sorry the pink looks red in the photo) and my MISTI to make it easier.




I love how this card turned out! 

Supplies:

Black, pink, yellow, green, blue and white card stocks
Loops background die - Studio Katia
Cool Tag Banner Sentiments - Your Next Stamp
Crystal Rainbow Confetti - Studio Katia
Embellishment Wand - Studio Katia
Nesting Rectangles - Hero Arts
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
It's Your Birthday - Studio Katia

Card size - Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5".



Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!