Tuesday 28 July 2020

'Blossoms in Bloom' Birthday Card Duo



Hello crafty friends


I absoultely love the 'Blossoms in Bloom' stamp & die bundle from Stampin' Up and today I have a pair of Birthday Cards using it. I made both a Slimline card, and a larger-than-A2 card. Let's go over the Slimline card first.


I created a black card base, then die cut the outline floral die from black card stock that had double sided adhesive applied to the back. That makes it easier to add this delicate die cut to the card. I added part of the die cut to the lower left corner first and carefully trimmed off the overhanging pieces so I could add them to the upper right corner. 

Then I pulled out my Twinkling H2O paints which I have not used in many years. These are little pots of almost pearlized water colour paint and this card has SO much shimmer in real life.  I die cut the Birthday and all the included layers from the Honey Bee set, stamped the word Happy then added a little Studio Katia bling.




Inside the card, I stamped the sentiment and also some of the floral stamps in the 'Blossoms In Bloom' bundle.





For my second card I pulled out a black card base & envelope. I have had these larger card sets from Michaels in my stash for years and I'm finally USING them again. 

This card was actually inspired because of the Slimline one above. Since I had used double sided adhesive, when I peeled up the outline border I was left with a nearly perfect black solid bouquet. I die cut the outline again from an orange patterned paper that had double sided adhesive on it. I adhered the outline to the green patterned paper panel, then peeled up all the black pieces and carefully inlay them into the outline. Yes, this took a long time and isn't something I will do often. But I had to try it at least once! 

The areas between the blooms remained sticky from the double sided adhesive, and I didn't want to add any black in there or I would have lost the detail of the separate blooms. So I pulled out my loose glitter from Elizabeth Craft Designs and burnished it over those areas.

And I remembered why I don't use loose glitter very often - it was everywhere.  Ha.


A simple white embossed sentiment and layered fishtail banners, and a few sparkly sequins finished off the card front.


The inside was done with more bloom/leaves stamps from the bundle and this lovely birthday sentiment from Studio Katia. I added a piece of the orange patterned paper to the envelope flap for a little pizazz.



I am really happy with how both of these cards turned out and they went into my stash.

Supplies:

Black and white card stocks
Sakura Stardust pen
Patterned paper - Nature, K & Company (Old, from my stash)
Blossoms in Bloom Bundle - Stampin' Up
Cool Diamond Glitter - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Black card and Envelope - Michaels
Simple Strips - Birthday, Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips Mat Die - Taylored Expressions
White Embossing Powder
Majestic Confetti - Studio Katia
MISTI- My Sweet Petunia
It's Your Birthday - Studio Katia
Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle die - MFT Stamps
Twinkling H20's
Happy Birthday - Honey Bee
Crystal Rainbow Confetti - Studio Katia
Thinking of You - In & Out Birthday, Taylored Expressions

Card sizes:  Slimline card - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope. 

     Larger Card - 5 x 6.5", card & envelope from Michaels.


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!