Sunday 12 July 2020

Trifold Ice Cream Shaker Slimline Card



Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing the card sent to our eldest daughter and family. Every July (on a certain day) my Grandpa would take my Mom to the Soda Shop in their little town for an Ice Cream Sundae. Even when my Dad could no longer drive, we would make sure my Mom got her ice cream sundae on that day. Now that she is in heaven, we keep that tradition going with our children and grandchildren. It's a happy way to honour her memory! 

I have made several Slimline cards with this layout, and I have to say how much I like it. You can expect more from me for sure! Instead of cutting my card stock 7" x 8.5", I cut it at 8.5 x 8.5". I scored it 2" from the left edge and 3" from the right edge to create the trifold. Then I added a panel to the left flap, but I didn't measure it. It's probably about 3 x 6 or 6.5".

I wanted to use the cute Sweet Shop Shaker Kit from Queen & Company for the Ice Cream Sundae, and the kit also came with a 6 x 6" paper pad. I adore the colours, so cut the paper to work on the taller Slimline and I was happy with how it worked out.

The bow on the Sundae dish is from the Shaker Balloon Die from Studio Katia. I cut it 3x, stacking them together for a nice sturdy bow then adhered it to the sundae bowl.


When you open the left flap, you see more of the fun patterned paper and a stamped sentiment on a fishtail banner. Oh, and some Studio Katia bling of course!



I couldn't use the 6 x 6" patterned paper inside, so instead I used a stencil and my Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes to create the colour and texture inside. I did the Happy July on my iPad and printed it out a couple of times as I was sending out more than just this one card. The others will be shared another day.


I love how bright and happy this card is!
Supplies:
White and Kraft card stocks
Sweet Shop Kit - Queen & Company
Sweet Shop Outline Dies - Queen & Company
Crystal Clear Confetti - Studio Katia
Clear Drop Mix 2 - Studio Katia
Distress Stickles
Stencil - Bubbly, Taylored Expressions
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Copic markers
Label - Dotted Patterns Set 4, Studio Katia
Bow - Shaker Balloon Die - Studio Katia
Pink Carnation Crystals - Studio Katia
Sakura white gel pen
Word Art (my own)
1057 Circle Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Crystal Clear Confetti - Studio Katia
Sentiment Strip Backer die - Taylored Expressions

Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business envelope



Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Awww... such a wonderful tradition to remember your mom by! And what a sweet and cheerful card to share with family to celebrate your mom's special ice cream day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!