Friday 3 July 2020

Doubled Charm Accordion Baby Card

Hello crafty friends ...


This is one of those cards that is just better in real life, but seeing it on a video is the next best thing! 



I have had this patterned paper for many years, and it was fun to pull it out again for this card.  This card was not difficult, but it sure did take a long time. I would suggest being familiar with how the Charm Accordion goes together and probably do one first with scrap card stock before you cut into the nice stuff. Also, I used wet glue to add the patterned paper panels to the white card base so I'd have some 'wiggle room'. That was probably the hardest part of the project.


Below is how the card looks opened, and likely how it will be displayed.



The Charm Accordion comes with a die that cuts 4 jump rings, which is what I used here. I did secure them with a TINY piece of card stock so they didn't come open. Another step that took awhile and is not necessary - but I didn't want to put all this work into the card and find out that a charm fell off while they were enjoying the card.

Folded, the Charm Accordion is ~3.25" wide, so slightly narrower than a Slimline Card which is 3.5". But it still works and fits perfectly in a #10 Business Envelope.


Finally, you can see the back of the card here. I didn't add decorations to the backs of the accordion panels, but you definitely could.



In the next photo, I am showing how I created the doubled Accordion. If you click on the photo it should open up larger, in a separate window for a closer look. The white card base was folded in half and the fold is at the top. I placed the Charm Accordion on the fold, with the top cut line ABOVE the fold so it didn't cut. Other details are on the YouTube video.



Supplies:
White card stock
Patterned paper - Baby Girl Stack, DCWV (old, from my stash)
1007 Charm Accordion - Karen Burniston
Scallop border die - Papertrey Ink 
1086 Baby Charms - Karen Burniston
Black pen
Sakura White Gel Pen
i-crafter Blending Brushes
Scalloped label - Dotted Patterns  Set 4, Studio Katia
Welcome Little One, Swan-derful - Your Next Stamp
Pink Carnation Crystals - Studio Katia
Crystal Rainbow Confetti - Studio Katia

Card size - 3.25 x ~8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. who wouldn't love to receive a card like this ... love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!