Monday 27 July 2020

Sunset, Gears & Car Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

It's Masculine Card Monday here on my blog and I have a Slimline Father's Day card to share today. I couldn't wait to play with the Sending Sunshine stamp set from Stampin' Up, and once I had the sunset scene finished I pulled out the Geared Up Garage bundle to finish off the card. I used a matte coated card stock, so I had to be careful not to smear anything when I was stamping. 

The stitched rectangle was also cut from the same card stock and I used the i-crafter blending brushes to ink that up in coordinating colours. I thought about stamping & masking the car and blending the colours over the mask then removing the mask to colour the car. But in the end I liked the white car better. And of course I love the gears that come with the bundle - they work so well for a masculine card!


This started out as a masculine birthday card, but when I was working on the inside and saw the Happy Father's Day stamp in the Geared Up Garage stamp bundle I decided to add that and put this card away for next year.

Once again I pulled out an older, retired gear stencil by Karen Burniston and added the gear pattern in a grey ink to the inside panel. Then I added some stamping and the die cut gears.


Into my stash for next year!

Supplies:
Matte Glossy Card Stock
Slim Stitched Rectangle die - Pink Fresh Studio
Sending Sunshine stamp set - Stampin' Up
Stitched Rectangle Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Geared Up Garage Bundle - Stampin' Up
Gear Stencil - Karen Burniston/Elizabeath Crafta Designs (retired)
i-crafter Blending Brushes
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Yellow fine point marker
White and black card stocks

Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!