Thursday 8 February 2018

Valentine Star Card

Good morning friends

I noticed that Sizzix has come out with several new 'Star Card' dies, with different shapes in the centre. I remembered that a few years ago one of the Design Team (Frances Byrne, I believe) came up with a way to make these using the Accordion die. I was inspired to try it with Karen Burniston's new Fancy Frame Accordion and it worked like a charm.


You cut four Fancy Frame Accordions from your choice of card stock or patterned paper, snip away the inside accordion label area, and fold each frame in half. The idea is you adhere the one half side to the half side of the one that will be behind it. It's easier to do it than describe it, so I'll stop there.


Before adhering the final frame, I die cut two stitched hearts and sandwiched a length of Bakers Twine up the centre. Then I attached the bakers twine inside the fold with strong adhesive and added the final frame to cover up the ends.


All that was left was to decorate, which I did with a doily and a couple of Cut-Aparts from a Valentine Paper Stack. I also added a couple of flourishes from the Charm Accordion and die cut a bird from the same teal card stock.


The Fancy Frame Accordion is actually a re-release of a previous licensed design, but this set has a few different decorator die pieces.

I have a couple more Valentine cards to share later today, so I'll be back with another post in a few hours.

Supplies:
Kraft, white and teal card stocks
Patterned paper and Cut-Aparts - Recollections
Stitched heart dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Bakers Twine
Heart Doily's - Recollections
Bird embellishment - Pebbles
Fun foam
Bird die - unknown
Copic markers
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!