Tuesday 27 February 2018

Flower Fold-Its Card Duo

Good morning friends

There is just something about this Flower Fold-It's die set that really appealed to me. I purchased it last month and made this first card to send to my Mom to let her know I was thinking of her.


What is better than flowers, when it's cold and snowy and blowy? I am going to have fun sending flowers to my friends this winter. On this one, I added a couple of sequins (!!) to the centre, outlined the inner petals with glitter glue, and added a little sparkle to the leaves as well.



Here is a peek at the inside:



When I went to make my Mom another card the following week, I decided it might be fun to send her another flower card. These cards stand on their own, and I'm picturing sending her several more and she can have a whole bouquet of flower's standing on her sofa table! Below is my second Flower Fold-It's card, a die set by Stephanie Barnard for Sizzix.


Both the dark pink and the green patterned paper have glittery embossed bits - the green is actually a tiny ladybug pattern!


I actually messed up the cutting on this one, so ended up with two pieces instead of one with a fold at the top. Rather than recut it, I simply added a horizontal score line about 3/4" down from the top edge  of the back piece. Adhesive above that line and then the two pieces are attached as one card and it will still stand on it's own for display.


Just a little bit of happy mail for my Mom.


Supplies for first flower card:
Flower Fold-its - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
White card stock
Patterned paper - Crate Paper
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps
Sequins - Craftin' Desert Diva's
Stickles
Heart Happy stamp - C.C. Designs
Marvy Le Plume II markers
Butterfly stamp - Hero Arts

Supplies for second flower card:
Flower Fold-its - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
White card stock
Patterned paper - DCWV
Happy stamp - Stampin' Up
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today
SaveSaveSaveSave

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!