Monday 5 February 2018

Mini Valentine Cards for the Grandkids

Good morning friends

I thought I would try something different for the Valentine cards my Mom will give the Great Grandkids this year. Since Stampin' Up has those cute envelopes for 3 x 3" mini cards, I made them each a 3 x 3" card. They still get to open an envelope with their names on them but the card's petite size means they can carry them around easier.


Card #1 has one of Karen Burniston's sweet animals - the dog from he Cat and Dog set. These little critters are so easy peasy to put together! I used all scraps from this cute paper pad, cutting apart the words from other sheets in the stack.



Ethan's  Valentine has a cut-apart, a little bear with tiny wiggly eyes and the word You from Word Set 1 Greetings.



For Zachary's card, I used Riley the Moose. Specifically, Dress Up Riley - wearing a shirt. He is not wearing any pants, because Zachary HATES to wear pants. So this customized Valentine is perfect and Zachary will get a big kick out of it.


Riley is so cute! I added black glaze pen highlights to his eyes so they are nice and shiny.


For little Alma's card, I used another cut-apart, and since it said 'love bug' I added a die cut ladybug.




Finally, here is another Riley, this time he is wearing pants. This card will go to Ilai, who has no problem with wearing pants. :-)



The little hearts on Riley are from the Dog and Cat die set.

Supplies:
White, pink and orange card stocks
Patterned paper - DCWV
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps
Ladybug die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stickles
Derwent water colour pencils and water brush
Pink pearlized card stock
Sakura black glaze pen
Copic markers
Wiggly Eyes
Fine point markers
3 x 3" envelopes - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. your grandkids will love them!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards. Love the paper you used. Did you hand draw the names?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marlene. Yes, I did draw their names. I'm not very good at hand lettering but that doesn't stop me from doing it, ha ha.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!