Friday 23 February 2018

Cactus Thank You Card

Good morning friends

I really enjoyed making this card for a friend who lives in Arizona. I have been wanting these succulent dies by Lynda Kanase since I saw them last year at CHA and I finally have them! I had fun dipping and dragging the die cut pieces through spritzed Distress Oxide Inks. 


The pretty patterned paper is also by Lynda Kanase, part of her Succulent Serenity collection. I feel like I waited so long for this that I purchased two pads of the paper! It's double sided, which makes it fun.

The frame die is also a new purchase, and I simply turned the top patterned paper panel around to show the reverse pattern and after adding colour with the inks I inlaid it back into it's spot on the frame. For the lower piece, I cut it from the reverse of the pattern I used for the cactus.

The cactus has partial cuts for the spines, and I folded them forward slightly and touched each one with some glitter glue. Gotta have a little sparkle and shine these days!


I added stitched panels inside, and another succulent - this time it was die cut from some of Lynda's patterned paper and I inked the edges with Distress Oxide inks and a sponge.


While I'm looking forward to using these dies for some 3-D projects, I'm really happy with how well they worked on simple card, too.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Succulent Serenity, Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Succulent dies - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Xyron
Distress Oxide Inks
Marvy LePlume II Markers
Frame die - MFT Stamps
Brad - Recollections
Stickles
Lavender and black card stocks
Blueprints #29 (stitched panel) - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!