Saturday 10 February 2018

Donut Pop-Up Valentine

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. I am the hostess this month, and I'd like to thank Kristine Reynolds for agreeing to be our Guest Designer this month! You can find her blog HERE.  This is my challenge this week:   Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Make your project reflect love or appreciation. Make a Valentine, Anniversary, Thinking of You or card showing support.

I made a Pop-Up Valentine, using some fun papers & stickers from my stash and a Cut-Apart for the card front.



I'm having issues with my water-mark app, as it appears to ignore any photo editing I do and  watermarks the original photo. So I'm going to have to find a new app to use. Meanwhile, it's hard to see in the photo but I went over each of the sprinkles with a glaze pen so they shine and catch the light.



This new Spinner Square Pop-Up by Karen Burniston is very cool - you can use it in both a side fold or a top fold card, and the spinner arm can be at the bottom or the top. Here I used a top fold with the spinner arm at the bottom.



A few more stickers highlighted with the glaze pen. The arrow has gold foil on it as well.



When the card is opened, you see the berries and the heart - and they spin back up behind the centre decorated square as the card is closing.



Here is a side view of the spinner arm.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C421.

Supplies:
White card stock
Patterned Paper -  Recollections
Donut Cut Apart - Carta Bella
1042 Spinner Square Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Stickers - Pebbles
Sakura Glaze Pen

Card size - 5 x 5"


Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. You donut know how much I love this card :) ... love how you rotated the card so the spinner is at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!