Friday 16 February 2018

Owl Double Z Fold Card

Good morning friends

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog today, and I have a Double Z fold card to share. I love photographs, always have. They tell a story, and it's a story you can remember every time you look at the photo.

Last Spring & Summer we had a pair of Great Horned Owls in the back yard and we really enjoyed watching them as well their little one. I can still hear them at night, but they are much harder to see when it gets dark so early and gets light so late.

A few days ago I went outside with the dogs, and there in the tree - right on the other side of the fence - was a little Great Horned Owl! He stayed in the tree for quite awhile, and I enjoyed watching him. I wasn't worried about him with our dogs, as he was too little to attempt to carry them off.


I printed the photo from my phone, using the Instax SHARE printer and then added one of Lynda Kanase's Photo Frames. I love that you get to choose the colour of frame and can customize it with any of the words from any of her Picture This sets.

After adding the card stock frame & label to the photo, I adhered them both to her Seasonal Tag die.


The patterned paper has glossy embossed dots, and of course the photo is glossy as well. I like how they compliment each other.


For this card, I used the words from the I AM Phrases (frame and stamp set) as they were perfect for this amazing owl.



The words are fun to cut away from other projects, not just the frames. I'm going to get lots of use out of them!

Supplies:
Patterned paper - DCWV
White, brown and blue card stocks
Photo Frame, I Am Phrases (word dies) - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Photo Frame, Seasonal Props (frame and label) - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Seasonal Tag - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Fun foam
Life Is stamp - Stampin' Up
Leaf dies - Stampin' Up
INSTAX Mini Share Printer
INSTAX Mini film
Silver Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. So cool about your owl in the tree! Fabulous card and image

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it- and the wonderful colors too
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!