Sunday 11 February 2018

Photo & Frame Valentine, and Love Banner Valentine

Good morning friends

I have two nearly identical cards to share today, using banner and photo frame dies/stamps by Sizzix designer Lynda Kanase. I was excited about this banner die, and ordered it a couple of weeks ago. I like that not only can you make quick banners/bunting with it, there are slits to easily insert an INSTAX Mini photo or gift card. There are also slits on the each outside edge to allow you to just pop the banners onto the string or cord. No fuss no muss. I also like the size, and that it works on a standard A2 card.


This Valentine is for our son and his girlfriend. They came to visit us and we all went out for Mexican food. I took this photo at the restaurant, and printed it from my iPhone using Fuji Film's Instax SHARE printer. Lynda's 'Lovely' photo frame die was used to cut the frame from patterned paper that matched the ones I wanted to use for the card. I like how easy it is to customize the frames!


The pretty arrows/heart cutaway is from the banner die set. All the words & symbols are interchangeable between the sets, which makes them even more customizable! I'm sure when our son opens the card they will be reminded of all the fun we had that night at the restaurant. They can slip the frame out of the banner piece when they are finished enjoying the card, and have a souvenir printed photo from their trip.


Here is a peek at the inside; both the flourish and the word stamp come with the Photo Frame, Lovely set.


For my second card, I basically re-created the same layout, choosing a different frame and adding a scrap of patterned paper and mason jar embellishment instead of the photo.


This time I used the Photo Frame, Travel for the frame. I backed the cutaway openings on the frame and banner with some dark patterned paper and adhered a doily behind the frame before adhering it to the banner panel.


Inside I used the arrow/heart cutaway on this scalloped rectangle - you can use them on lots of different projects - not just the frames! The little open heart die is also one of Lynda's; it comes with the Banner die set.


The patterned paper pad has gold foil elements as well, so i used a Cut-Apart as the greeting on this one.


I'm really having fun with these frame dies & stamps from the Picture This collection. I am working on another card using the frames, and will post that later next week.

Photo card Supplies:
Photo Frame, Lovely (dies and stamps) - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
INSTAX photo
INSTAX SHARE Printer - Fujifilm
Patterned paper - Recollections
Photo Banner die - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Ribbon
Sequins
Stickles
Marvy Le Plume II markers
Black fine point marker

Card with Banner & Embellishments:
Patterned paper - Crate Paper
Photo Frame, Travel (frame) - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Photo Banner die- Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Jar sticker - Recollections
Doily - Stampin' Up
Pink, white card stocks
Glossy Accents
Bakers Twine
Fun Foam
Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle die - MFT Stamps
Cut apart - Reclections

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!