Friday 2 February 2018

Birthday Card and Sliding Gift Card Holder

Good morning friends

It's Flip-It Friday here on my blog, and today's share is the birthday card I made for our son-in-law.


I used the 5 x 7 Circle Flip-Its for the card base, and the patterned paper has glossy and foiled bits on it. Perfect for a birthday celebration!


For this one we actually signed our names with a white gel pen on the blue centre strip, rather than writing on the back or adding a label to write on.


I'm pretty excited about this Gift Card Holder too. I had mentioned before having a wish list from Sizzix designer Lynda Kanase and this BigZ die was on that list. I finally purchased it last week!


On the front I added that fun Happy Birthday die from Karen Burniston's newest release. It fit perfectly! I also added a panel of the same embossed orange patterned paper that was on the birthday card.


You tuck a gift card in the slot, and it slides out/forward as the Gift Card Holder opens. So cool! I wasn't sending him a gift card though, and since it was going through the mail I didn't want to send cash either. The US dollar bill is just for the photos. We don't have one dollar bills in Canada, we have the gold coin called a 'Loonie'. For this card I wrote a cheque and folded it to fit in the slot - worked like a charm!


 I added scallops from Karen Burniston's Cake Pop-Up - the scalloped 'icing' dies are very handy!


I really am tickled with the way this gift card holder works and I know I will get a lot of use out of it. I like it when everything coordinates, too - so this bright birthday set makes me happy.

Supplies for Flip-It Card:
Blue, white and orange card stocks
Patterned paper - Me & My Big Ideas
5 x 7 Circle Flip-Its - Stephanie Barnard (Sizzix)
Signo White Gel Pen
Distress Oxide Inks
Blueprints #18 dies (stars) - MFT Stamps
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Happy Birthday To You stamp - Avery Elle

Supplies for Gift Card Holder:
Patterned paper - Me & My Big Ideas
Teal, blue and white card stocks
Card, Slider BigZ die - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!