Saturday 24 February 2018

C4CC423 Cake Pop-Up

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. I've been the hostess this month and I'd like to thank Kristine Reynolds for being our Guest Designer.  She has also agreed to help us out next month too! You can find her blog HERE.  

My challenge this week: This is my Birthday Month and I like cake. For your project this week, add a cake, cupcake or other yummy. It doesn’t have to be a birthday card - just show us something delicious.
I pulled out an older paper pack for my card today. I love the new bold, Happy Birthday die from Karen Burniston, and knew I wanted to use it on the front. It looks like it blends in with the background in the photo below but in real life it does not. Chalk it up to my iffy photography skills.


I also love the new stitched scalloped border die by Prickley Pear stamps. It has a stencil feature for the words HAPPY BIRTHDAY and CONGRATS but for this one I used a fine point marker and penned the word 'celebrate'.



It's amazing how this 3-d, dimensional cake folds completely flat for mailing!





I adhered a couple of printed embellishments to the cake top, and one of the candles that come with the Cake Pop-Up. While it's hard to see int he photo, I added the scalloped cake trim around the base of the cake as a cake plate. That tip came from Karen Burniston's assembly video!



A few more printed embellishments and pretty stitched and scalloped borders inside.





Even though the patterned paper was a lighter weight than I probably should have used for the cake, I'm really happy with how well it turned out. The Cake Pop-Up is such an amazing die set.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C423.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Marvy LePlume II markers
Stickles
Dashing Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Distress Oxide Inks

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!