Monday 25 March 2024

Springtime Pop Up Card


I still have Easter paper & cut-aparts in my stash - the same ones I've been using for several years. I won't buy new ones until I can use these up ... and I'm actually (finally!) making a dent in that basket. Today's card features a 4x4" cut-apart with patterned paper and a die cut butterfly on the front. In fact, this card ended up being quite a stash buster!




Inside I used the 'new' Lorna Label Pop Up die set by Karen Burniston. The Lorna Label was one of my favourite pop up dies waaaaaay back when it came out and, and I'm soooooo happy she brought it back. This time it's a 'glue in' instead of a 'cut in' which means you can add it into different sizes of cards without worrying about having the inner piece fitting through your die cutting machine. That also reduces the bulk of your finished card which is always a good thing. You can add the die cut piece anywhere you want along the fold, and it's just all the way around a great updated set. 

For my card today, I added it to a side folding card which is something I used to do with the old set too. I love to share different ways you can use your die sets, since they are an investment. 


The stamped sentiment was punched out and added to the left side of the card so I would have room to sign our names on the right.


The flower elements were already in my Easter bin - likely die cut for a different project one year and not used. So I added them to this card and then a couple more of those die cut butterflies. The butterflies were lightly inked with dye inks and a blending brush and I added some sparkle with Pops of Color (a thick glitter glue).


... One more look ...


Supplies used:
Patterned paper & cut aparts, Doodlebug
Patterned paper - Love Notes Petite Prints, Doodlebug
Black glaze pen - Sakura
Cloud punch - Stampin' Up
Scallop circle - Divinity Designs
Blending Brushes
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Pops of color, Snowflake - Scrapbook .com
Sentiment - Egg-cement Easter Sentiments, CC Designs
Hexagon punch - Stampin' Up
Rainbow Holographic card stock - Recollections


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!