Thursday 28 March 2024

Scenic Holiday Card Duo in Purples


I will be making Christmas cards throughout the year and today I'm sharing this holiday card duo. I knew I wanted to use the deer dies included in the Grassy Grove bundle (Stampin' Up) with pretty scenic patterned paper and I'm happy with how they turned out. 


The papers are 8" square, and my cards are 5 x 7". I saved the remaining patterned paper strips to use on Mini Slimline cards the next time I'm ready to make holiday cards. I stamped the sentiments right on the patterned paper, but since it is coated I had to let the ink dry for about 15 minutes to prevent it smearing. 

The deer were cut from scraps of charcoal Stardream, which is a heavyweight pearlized cardstock. I bought a bunch of it many years ago and I'm still using it - because I save all but the tiniest pieces!


Inside I stamped some pine branches and a stamped sentiment.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper - Frosted Forests & Falling Flakes, Hunkydory
Coordinating solids - Frosted Christmas
Deer Dies - Grassy Grove Bundle
Sentiments:  Christmas Classics, Stampin' Up
Charcoal Stardream Card stock
Catherine Pooler inks
Pops of Colour, Icicle - Scrapbook .com
5 x 7" Card blank and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!