Friday 22 March 2024

Accordion Card with Candles


Welcome to Fun Fold Friday here on my blog!

I was intrigued when Karen Burniston released two add on sets for the Fancy Label Accordion ... this Candle Add-On and a Heart Add-On. I haven't had a chance to play with the heart one yet, but shared a card earlier using the Candle Add-On inside a normal card. 


While It would work better with a three or four page Fancy Label Accordion, I chose to try it with two pages and I am happy with the inside of the card which you can see below. This was a card for a friend, and I signed my name on the white strip on the lower right side. 


The candle flames were die cut from Rainbow Holographic card stock for some shine. My friend had made several of these cards using the (very) old Sizzix Steel Ruled die so know she will enjoy this one.


One more look ...


This card was very much a trial and error since I don't plan my cards out ahead of time. Once I had the inside done I wasn't crazy about what the front and back pages looked like. That wouldn't happen if I'd added more pages, but I made it work well enough that I was happy with the card. Below is the back of the card, and I could have left off the candles and added a light coloured label to write on if I didn't want to write on that narrow strip inside.


Supplies used:
Fancy Label Accordion - Karen Burniston
Birthday Candle Add-Ons - Karen Burniston
Daisy's - Twist Flower Pop Up, Karen Burniston
Rainbow Holographic cardstock - Reco0llections
Patterned paper - 6x6" Wish Big, Queen & Company
Stamp inside - Make a Wish, MFT Stamps
Small Happy Birthday - LJD Birthday Greetings, MFT Stamps 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!