Thursday 21 March 2024

Butterflies & Bunny Easter Card


I am terrible at sizes when I order online - in my mind, whatever is on the screen is the size I want it to be in my head. 😂. This Butterfly Bunny die is a perfect example - even when I read that the size was 5x5", in my head that was smaller. So I resisted playing with it, but finally decided this was a good time to actually USE it. 



I cut a 5.5 x 5.5" piece of the Rainbow Holographic card stock and die cut the Butterfly Bunny from the centre. Then I trimmed it down to 5x5", cutting a little at a time off each edge until I was happy with it. It was then backed with a same sized piece of the patterned paper. Since there wasn't a lot of contrast I went over the bunny with a blending brush and dye ink. 

To prepare my card front, I added a 2nd piece of the patterned paper cut slightly smaller than the card base so I would have a bit of the white card base showing on the outer edges. The floral borders were cut from more of the patterned paper (with double sided adhesive added) and adhered along each side, trimming to fit. Then I rubbed the borders with champagne ink for a little shine. The Butterfly Bunny piece was then adhered on the front with thin foam tape.


I had done a top folding card with the intention of adding a pop up inside, however, I liked the front so much that I let it be the feature of the card.

Here is a peek at the inside, nice and simple ...



Supplies used:
Butterfly Bunny die - Creative Expressions
Rainbow Holographic card stock - Recollections
Patterned paper - Gilded Inks, Recollections
Slimline floral border dies - Scrapbook .com
Champagne Mist Ink - Stampin' Up
Pops of Color, Snowflake - Scrapbook .com
5 x 7" Lacy Layers dies - Waffle Flower
Blending Brushes
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Inside sentiment - Impression Obsession
Mini Strips Easter - Taylored Expressions
5 x 7" card base and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!