Monday 18 March 2024

Floral & Copper Sympathy Card


Today's card was a bit of an experiment but I'm happy with how it turned out. The finished card is 5 x 7" but I started with two A2 sized note cards. The floral panel has copper foiled bits on it and the plaid is copper foiled as well. 

I cut the fronts off of the note cards, then two strips off of the plaid one. I adhered those strips to the card base with one at the top edge and one at the bottom. Then the floral panel was added on top with thin foam tape. The sentiment was stamped on a stitched & scalloped oval and I added a coordinating 3-d sticker. I didn't have any copper glitter dots, so I coloured gold ones with a brown alcohol marker and added several around the card front. I also peeled off the gems from the stickers and added a coloured glitter dot in their place. That reduced quite a bit of the bulk from the stickers and made them mailable.


Here is a peek at the inside with another stamped sentiment and another sticker. NOTE the stickers were quite layered, so I ended up pulling them apart and substituting thin foam tape for the full height foam tape in between the layers. 



Supplies used:
Foiled note cards - the Paper Studio
3-D Stickers - the Paper Studio
Stitched mini scallop oval dies - MFT Stamps
Encouraging words sentiments - Catherine Pooler inks
Glitter Dots
Alcohol Markers
5 x 7" Lacy Labels - Waffle Flower
Gold gel pen
Blending Brushes - Taylored Expressions
5 x 7" Card base and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!