Wednesday 27 March 2024

Easter Card with Plaids


Today I'm sharing a final Easter card for 2024. I'm also slightly horrified to say that I didn't actually get any in the mail - first time in over 30 years! Easter seemed to sneak up on me this year and I completely missed mailing them in time. I guess that means I now have all the cards I will need for Easter 2025! Sheesh. 

We are meeting friends for dinner over the Easter weekend so at least I can hand deliver their cards. Hmmmm - maybe I should make some Happy Spring type cards and send those out instead. Something to think about.  Anyhow, I wanted to use some of my older 6x6" Easter papers, so combined three of the prints on this 5x7" card. I added a large ephemera piece to the front with thin foam tape and the cute bunny border (Karen Burniston) across the bottom paper seam.

I also added Wink of Stella to the bunny for some sparkle.


Here is a peek at the inside - the Happy Easter piece is more ephemera from my stash. I inked it with blending brushes and dye inks.


Another bunny border across the bottom, this time inked with the same colours as the Happy Easter above it. The plaid patterned paper on the inside is from an older 12 x 12" paper pad so I didn't have to piece it.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper on front - Echo Park
Patterned paper inside - Springtime, Authentique
Ephemera - Easter, Echo Park
Easter Border dies - Karen Burniston
Blending brushes - Taylored Expressions
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Black pen
Wink of Stella
5 x 7" Card and envelope

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!