Tuesday 19 March 2024

Birthday Rainbow Pop Up Card


Today I'm sharing a pop up birthday card made for a friend. As usual, my card started with the patterned paper which was in a 12x12" package. Going through the remaining sheets, I saw one with a large rainbow across the bottom half. It was too big to use on an A2 card, or a Slimline but I thought it might work on a 5x7" card. I cut the rainbow sheet down to 6.75" keeping just the rainbow. So now my sheet was 12 x 6.75" and had a large rainbow across the centre.


I cut that sheet in half at 6", giving me two pieces with a half rainbow on each ... and I trimmed the outside edge so each panel measured 4.75 x 6.75. Since there was a second sheet of this large rainbow print in the package I repeated the cutting above and had four half-rainbow panels ready to add to 5x7" card fronts! In the photo below you can see how they would have fit together if I hadn't cut the sheet in half. (I will be sharing the cards in that photo another day),



The rainbow arcs are glittery so I simply matted the panel onto coral card stock then to the card front. I added the Happy Birthday & Happy Birthday Shadow (both by Karen Burniston) with foam tape, then added a couple of punched out clouds. Finally, a few drops of Pops of Color for some sparkly enamel dots and my card front was finished.


Inside I used Karen Burniston's Raising Platform Pop Up to animate one of the cut-aparts from the package, and added a few paper strips that were leftover from other projects. I have been using this paper pad for a couple of years so there are lots of partial sheets etc in the package. I added a few more punched clouds then stamped the sentiment on the blue 'sky' part of the original sheet that was above the rainbow. That was punched out and adhered inside the card - watching for catch points.



Supplies used:
Patterned paper & Cut Aparts - Over the Rainbow, Recollections
Catherine Pooler coloured inks
Raising Platform Pop Up - Karen Burniston
Heartfelt Hexagon stamps & punch - Stampin' Up
Pops of Color, Snowflake - Scrapbook.com
Cloud punch - Stampin' Up
Happy Birthday die - Karen Burniston
Happy Birthday shadow die - Karen Burniston
5 x 7" card blank and envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!