Saturday 20 February 2021

St Patricks Day Mini Slimline Cards


Hello!  I wanted to make St. Patrick's Day cards to send to our Grandkids for Happy Mail but I can't get to those stamps right now. Easter I can get to .. St. Pats not so much. I would have ordered a large Shamrock die or even a stamp set but honestly, I can't remember what I bought last year for St. Patrick's day so I decided to get creative instead. I started looking at a package of Doodlebug Designs papers and found perfect patterned papers AND cut aparts too!

I decided to make Mini Slimline cards, which are 3.5 x 6" and they fit in a #8 envelope.


I added some gold gel pen highlights, gold sequins and rounded the corners on this first one.


I liked the colourful shamrocks on this cut apart, so trimmed it down and rounded the corners, then popped it up with thin foam tape. The small heart stickers were sitting on my stamping table so I was able to use a few of them too.


The shamrocks also got brushed with Wink of Stella and the faces were outlined with a black glaze pen.


This cut apart was trimmed away from it's background, I added some gold gel pen highlights and a strip of gold foil card stock.



For this card, I trimmed 3/4" from front right edge of the card and added a 1" wide strip of patterned paper inside. Not having another shamrock, I drew one on a green card stock scrap with a gold gel pen and fussy cut it out. Then I added three different colours of sequins!


I used a stitched circle die to cut away this shamrock from it's background and popped it up with thin foam tape over the background papers. Then I gave it a good coating of Wink of Stella for shimmer and shine!


For the inside of some of the cards, I die cut a heart from a scrap of white card stock and used the negative piece as a stencil. Brushing ink into the stencil with a blending brush, I then wrote the sentiment with a green glaze pen.


I pulled out some rainbow Washi Tape from my stash and added it up the side of the envelopes, making sure to add glue under each end so it doesn't lift when it goes through the mail. I often receive envelopes with Washi Tape lifting so I'm sure to glue mine down on the ends.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper and Cut Aparts - Doodlebug Designs
Various card stocks - stash
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
Gold gel Pen
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Corner Rounder
Heart stickers - Mrs. Grossmans
Wink of Stella
Black and Green Glaze Pens - Sakura
Sequins
Rainbow Washi Tape
Card sizes - 3-1/2 x 6", fits in a #8 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!