Saturday 6 February 2021

January 2021 Paper Pumpkin - Second Group of Alternates

Hello!  Today I'm sharing my second set of alternates using the January Paper Pumpkin kit. I have a video showing all the details of my cards on YouTube here:  

This first card is a Valentine Slimline that is also a Pop Up. The pretty doily's were a gift from my Stampin' Up Demonstrator and I was able to use several of them on my Paper Pumpkin alternates.


Inside is the Pop Up, and I added three more doily's inside. I quite liked the way the hearts look stamped on the doily!


The 'white' doily's are actually the back side of the red ones. I added them to the card with thin foam tape and I was happily surprised by the peach toned shadow the overturned doily's throw onto the card.


I have 10 of these envelopes - and I like them but to actually use them to go through the mail I would have to either seal them and add the address & postage on the back, or add a label over the cello window. This card is for my hubby for Valentine's so the envelope works great for that.


These next two cards are pretty much the same, and I made them for Happy Mail and not Valentine's Day. I really liked these mailbox images they included and wish there had been more than four of them in the kit.


I added a stamped 'hello', puffy stickers and the cute snail from the stamp set.


Inside I made a simple box pop up that features a stamped sentiment and fussy cut letters.



And the final card uses some of the red patterned card base from the very first card I shared in my last video. I had cut the red patterned card base in half, and used the front of it on that card but saved the remaining to use for 'bits and pieces' on the remaining cards.


This card also has a pop up inside - the exact same box pop up I used on all the other pop up cards. I will have to work on a tutorial this month! This one has a die cut heart on the pop up, a laser cut doily and the stamped snail. The snail has black glaze pen on it's eyes and Wink of Stella on the shell.


All in all I made eight alternate cards! I still have items left from the kit, including the great stamp set and ink spot that I can use over and over again. I have  two red envelopes and two full card bases, one with the red print and one with the peach and over half of the enamel shapes. I have all of the dimensionals included as I mostly used thin foam tape for dimension. The supplies so far have been very generous.  I have one of the Love word elements, several of the peach labels and a pair of the black scalloped borders. Oh, and most of the black ribbon as well, so I expect I will get at least 3 more Pop Up cards made with the kit supples. I have more than enough Valentine cards now, so putting it aside for the time being and will finish off the supplies later this month.




Supplies:  Everything included in the January 2021 Paper Pumpkin unless specified below

#5 - Slimline Card
Various card stocks
Shimmer spray
Doily's - Stampin' Up
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Word Window punch - Stampin' Up (retired)

#6 & 7 - Pop Up Hello Cards
Stitched rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle dies - MFT Stamps
Various card stocks
Copic markers
Black glaze pen - Sakura
Wink of Stella
Puffy Heart Sticker - Recollections
Hello stamp - Stampendous 
Label punch - Stampin' Up (retired)
Gold foil card stock 
Happy Mail stamps - Gina K
Tasteful Label dies
1/4" Strips die - the Stamp Market

#8 Pop Up Valentine for my Brother
White card base - stash
Patterned paper - Love Blossoms (gift)
Word Window punch - Stampin' Up (retired)
Label punch - Stampin' Up (retired)
Sakura gold gel pen
Black sparkle 1/2" ribbon - Stampin' Up
Heart die - Hero Arts
Copic markers
Black glaze pen - Sakura
Wink of Stella
Clear resin hearts -  Stampin' Up
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!