Tuesday 23 February 2021

Rainbow Thanks Slimline Card

Hello! I'm on the Crafty Meraki Blog today with this Slimline Thank You Card. I love using patterned paper on my cards, and lately I've been craving bright rainbow colours. I created my own rainbow patterned paper by cutting 1/2" strips of card stock and adhering them next to each other onto a piece of printer paper. This is a fun way to create your own custom patterned paper in your choice of colours!

For my card today I die cut the shadow from Thanks Word Shadow Die from the rainbow patterned paper, then cut a strip that measured 8.5 x 1" and matted that with black card stock. Cutting the Thanks Word Shadow Die again from white card stock, I chose the smaller outline portion and set the remaining two pieces aside to use another time. NOTE:  Keep the fallaway interior pieces to put back inside the "h, a, k and s" and adhere the outline portion and the fallaway pieces onto the rainbow shadow as shown.

I then adhered the rainbow strip along the inside bottom edge.


I chose one of the dies from the Slim Edger Dies from Pink Fresh Studio (and available in the Crafty Meraki shop) and cut the bottom front edge of my white card base. This not only gives a nice detail to the card front, it will allow the rainbow colours to show from the inside when the card is closed!

The black card stock strip was cut 5-1/2 x 1" and I fishtailed the ends. That was adhered, centred on the card front then the Thanks element was adhered with foam tape. A few rainbow coloured sequins sprinkled across the front and my card was finished!




"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


Supplies:
Thanks Word Shadow Die - Crafty Meraki
Slim Edger dies - Pink Fresh Studio
Various card stocks - stash
Satin Rainbow Confetti - Studio Katia
Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!