Monday 8 February 2021

Mini Slimline Fold Flap Valentine Card

Hello! Today I'm sharing my first Mini Slimline card. Well, not really my first as many MANY years ago I made a number of cards in this size. I would make sets of them and give them as gifts and that is why I still have #8 envelopes that work perfectly for a Mini Slimline card. Funny what goes around comes around, as the saying goes.

My YouTube video talks about the envelopes and Mini Slimline card sizes too! 

My Fold Flap technique is one I turn to often for regular Slimline cards, so that was the first thing I thought of when making this Mini Slimline and I pulled out some retired patterned paper from my stash. 


I adore this cute image from Your Next Stamp and use it all year round


Inside I added some handwriting onto a stitched oval and added a die cut heart to the top.


 
Measurements for my Fold Flap Slimline Card:

  • Cut card stock 7 x 6"
  • Putting the 7" edge at the top of your scoring board, score at 1-1/4" and 3-1/2".
  • Fold your card in half at the 3-1/2" scoreline, to form your card base
  • Fold the 1-1/4" scored edge to the front of the card.
  • NOTE:  I adhered the flap right to the card front using thin foam tape, but most of the A2 Fold Flap Cards I've seen utilize pretty patterned papers and have the card open as more of an accordion. 


Supplies:
Patterned paper - Love Blossoms, Stampin' Up (retired)
Love & Hugs stamp set - Your Next Stamp
Ohuhu markers
White gel and black glaze pens - Sakura
Wink of Stella
Stitched oval dies - MFT Stamps
Card stocks - stash
String - leftover from shipping tags
Love tag - Recollections
Black marker
Clear resin hearts - Stampin' Up
Stripetastic Heart Die Set - Your Next Stamp
Copic marker
Card size - ~3.5 x 6", fits in a #8 Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!