Wednesday 10 February 2021

Dragon Slimline Bridge Card

Hello! Today I'm sharing the card I sent to a friend to celebrate the Lunar New Year and I used the 'Year of the Ox' stamp set by Crafty Meraki. I also made a Slimline Bridge Card! I made one of these for Halloween and really enjoyed it - it is based on the measurements in one of Jennifer McGuire videos. I have a walk through of my card on YouTube here:  

The dragon was gold heat embossed on red card stock, and I added a little colour with alcohol markers and a white paint pen.

The back is where I added my personal message.


Here are the measurements I used for my Slimline Bridge Card:

Card base is cut 11 x 4".

Score 1-1/4" and 2-1/2" from each side.

The acetate bridge piece is about 1" high and 8-1/2" wide. 

Supplies:
Origami Paper - stash
Card stocks - stash
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Year of the Ox - Crafty Meraki
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Copic markers
White paint pen
Copic markers
Water Brush
Black Sharpie
Vellum
Tiny Attacher - Tim Holtz
Gold embossing powder
Wink of Stella
Gold Nuvo Drops
Card size - folds down to 4 x 9" and fits in a #10 Business Envelope for mailing

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Gung Hee Fat Choy! Love, love love your Chinese New Year bridge fold card, Karen. What a wonderful idea to use clear acetate for the bridge to allow colorful origami papers to show through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!