Wednesday 3 February 2021

Slimline Thank You Card


Hello!  Today I'm sharing a Slimline Thank You Card for my Crafty Meraki Design Team Project. I chose the lovely Floral Hugs and the versatile Thanks Shadow Word die. I disguised the HUGS word by layering the Thanks on top and I was happy with how it worked out!  I love showing people how to get more mileage from their supplies.

This card would be easy to replicate in your choice of colours, and uses a colouring technique that is great for people who don't really enjoy colouring. I white heat embossed the Floral Hugs on vellum and fussy cut it out. Then I added the colour on the back side with alcohol markers, colouring book style (ie - no worries about shading or using multiple shades, just adding blocks of colour). When you turn the vellum over to the front, the colours are slightly muted and the white outline remains nice and crisp.


To start, I cut white card stock to 8.5 x 7" and scored it down the 7" side at 3.5". That gave me a 8.5 x 3.5" top fold Slimline card base. Then I cut three 1/2" wide strips from various grey card stocks and adhered them to the card base.

I die cut the Thanks Shadow Word die twice, once from grey and once from white card stock. The grey Thanks - both the outline and the scripty Thanks - were adhered on top of the Floral Hugs one with a strong liquid adhesive. I separated the white scripty Thanks from the outline and saved the outline to use on a different project. The white piece was adhered in place over the grey scripty Thanks then the whole floral piece was adhered to the card front with thin foam tape. A few sequins for some sparkle and the card front was finished!


Because I like to decorate the inside of my cards as well, I added grey and white card stock panels and snipped some fish tail banners from card stock scraps,. That added some colour and interest but still leaves me lots of room to write my note of gratitude.

Yellow and grey are supposed to be very trendy in 2021 so I thought I would give it a try on my card today even though it's different than what I normally choose.

"Crafty Meraki is a tribe of women who are all creators but more importantly, love helping others in any way we can! 

Meraki (may-rah-kee) a verb, or adverb, a Modern Greek word, derived from the Turkish “Merak” (Labor of love, to do something with pleasure), is applied to tasks, usually, creative or artistic tasks, but can be applied to any task at all. Meraki means to do something with passion, with absolute devotion, with undivided attention.

Crafty Meraki was born out of a vision to help creators do what they love doing the most- to create!"


Supplies:
Floral Hugs - Crafty Meraki
Thanks Shadow Word Die - Crafty Meraki
Card stocks - stash
Sequins - stash
Ohuhu Markers
Vellum
White embossing powder
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Card size - 8.5 x 3.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!