Saturday 13 February 2021

Butterfly Slimline Thank You Card

 


Hello! Today I am sharing a Slimline Thank You card that I have had on my mind for MONTHS. Basically, ever since Karen Burniston released the Garden Charms. I have a notebook that I keep track of card ideas in and this was one of the ones I wanted to try when I first saw those charms. 

I die cut the butterflies from white card stock, then dipped & dragged them through puddles of dye ink that had been spritzed with water. I wasn't going for complete coverage - I wanted the light, airy water colour look. When they were done, I added colour to the butterfly bodies with a grey alcohol marker and then added Stickles over that.

I added three more butterflies inside, and wrote my note of thanks around them. 


All the butterflies were adhered with thin foam tape and there are a few sequins for some additional sparkle & shine. The Thank You was die cut three times - twice from white card stock once from grey. I adhered the two white ones together so it would be nice and sturdy. To add the colour to the Thank You, I scribbled rows of Crayola markers onto my glass mat, spritzed it with water then dipped the Thank You in it. Then I adhered the water coloured one to the grey one slightly offset so the grey is a bit of a shadow.

I forgot to mention that the butterfly die cuts a charm, so they have a hanging hole that I easily snipped off with scissors. I also layered two pieces of white card stock and was able to cut the butterflies two at a time which saved time and effort. 

Supplies:
1130 Backyard Charms - Karen Burniston
1151 Crosshatch Long Rectangles - Karen Burniston
1066 Thank You - Karen Burniston
Card stocks - stash
Shimmer Spray
Stickles
Wink of Stella
Crayola markers
Copic marker
Sequins
Card size - 3.5 x 8.5", fits in a #9 or #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow 🌈 of butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. I was thinking of making cards for some friends and family. Love this idea. Thanks for the inspirations.
    Cathy Amell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!