Thursday 11 February 2021

April 2020 Paper Pumpkin - First Card Group

Hello!  I have been lucky enough to find a couple of on-line listings for un-used Paper Pumpkin kits, and one of them is called My Wonderful Family (April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit). Today I'm sharing the first four cards I made using the kit and all of them were mailed to family members.

I have a walkthrough of my cards on YouTube here:

The kit came with four printed panels with a lovely family verse printed on it. Those panels are what inspired these first four cards. The card bases were all 'fun folds', so this first card uses one of the Z-fold card card bases.

 
I love the pretty envelopes that come in the Paper Pumpkin kids, so I kept these cards all A2 so I could mail them in the envelopes.


The second card uses another one of the fun folds and I really liked the bright pops of yellow that were included. The small butterfly came in the kit, but the larger one is was punched from yellow card stock and stamped with the tree foliage in yellow.



Here is a peek at the inside of that card, with the pretty family sentiment.


I made this third card into a pocket card, and added some of 'that paper' because the colours matched so perfectly. The pretty green sprig came in the kit. The photo below shows the sentiment panel inside the pocket ...


... and here it is out of the pocket.


I used the negative part of the sprig piece to lightly stencil the back side of the pocket insert, and added another sentiment on a fish tail banner. That is also where I signed our names.


Finally - the fourth card! I adhered the green printed piece flat against the inside of the card for a different look, and added a die cut strip of yellow card stock above that. One of the bare tree die cuts from the kit  was adhered over the the stamped foliage, and I added a bird from the kit and a stamped fish tail banner.



Finally, here is a look at the inside, with the printed sentiment. This last one went to our son so it's a little less 'fussy'.


I have the next four cards done and will share those with that video later this month.

Supplies:
April 2020 Paper Pumpkin, My Wonderful Family
Card #1 (additional supplies to the Paper Pumpkin kit)
Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangles - MFT Stamps
Card stocks
Square Vellum Doily - Stampin' Up
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Crayola markers
Wink of Stella
I-crafter blending brushes
Clear resin hearts - Stampin' Up

Card #2 (additional supplies to the Paper Pumpkin kit)
Tree trunk - Paper Smooches
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Wink of Stella
Card stocks
Sequins

Card #3 (additional supplies to the Paper Pumpkin kit)
Patterned paper - Eucalyptus, Paper Studio
Card stocks
Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart
Wink of Stella
Scotch Tape

Card #4 (additional supplies to the Paper Pumpkin kit)
Cut off gatefold portion and adhered it right to card base
Halftone Lines Cover Die - Studio Katia (for yellow strip)
Water brush
Card stocks

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!