Monday 15 February 2021

A Big Deal Shaker Card

Hello!  Today's card is one I made in early December and I was playing with making my own pop up strips. I have a walk through of my card on YouTube too.


It was fun to take a break from holiday cards and pull out this patterned paper, which I had been itching to use. I pulled out the Dotted Patterns Set 4 from Studio Katia because it had this inner frame that I knew would work great for a shaker card.


Inside, I used a school of fish stencil from Picket Fence Studios ... there is just something about a swirling school of fish that appeals to me so I had to purchase that stencil.


You can see I added one of my Pop Up strips inside to add the fussy cut turtle to. I have been doing these simple box pop ups for awhile now, and keep meaning to make a tutorial for all of you. This month though, has kept me hopping with Design Team projects. (Hint ... there is a fun new release coming from Your Next Stamp!!!!)



I'm putting this one aside to send to one of our grandsons, to let them know I'm thinking of them.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Whale of a Time, Stampin' Up
Frame die - Dotted Patterns Set 4 - Studio Katia
Whale Done stamps - Stampin' Up
Acetate
Various shaker filler
Sakura black glaze pen
Foam hearts - Trinity Stamps
Current of Fish Stencil - Picket Fence Studio
Tasteful Label dies
Bubbly Stencil - Taylored Expressions
Irrid Bubbles - Studio Katia
Card size: Standard A2, 4.25 x 5.5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I have been trying to only use plastic in my cards if it is repurposing packaging, due to a big problem w plastic pollution.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!