Sunday 28 February 2021

February Paper Pumpkin Alternate Card Trio


Hello!  Today I'm sharing my February Paper Pumpkin Alternate Cards #6, 7 and 8! I really loved this pretty bouquet printed element and since the kit came with three of them I used them to create three alternate cards. The three coordinating envelopes have that lovely yellow polka dot liner coordinates well with one of the papers in the Flowers & Field paper package. As I mentioned in my first Paper Pumpkin video, I wouldn't have thought to pull in that patterned paper but since the kit came with a notice saying how well they worked together, I used it!


First up (Alternate Card #6) is an Easter card!


The bouquet was given a spritz with my Shimmer Spray and popped up onto the striped panel with thin foam tape. Those striped panels were actually card bases. The kit came with three of them and since they were printed front and back, I cut them apart to mount onto white card bases and that gave me six of the panels to use instead of three patterned card bases. 

The butterflies were punched using an older Martha Stewart Punch and the Happy Easter is a die set by Karen Burniston ... the Easter Charms. I cut it twice, once from a dark green that matches the green in the bouquet leaves and once from white. They were adhered together offset a little so the green on shadows the white. Finally I added a twine bow - the green twine came in the Paper Pumpkin kit.


Here is a peek at the inside. I added more punched butterflies to the stitched rectangles and the Happy Spring is also a die from Karen Burniston. Since the envelope was stamped with the In Bloom stamp set, I used the coordinating Stitched Booms and some scraps for the flower in the upper right corner. Oh, I am going to love those Stitched Blooms dies!!!



Paper Pumpkin Alternate Card #7 is one I can send out for Happy Mail!


Once again the bouquet was given a spritz of Shimmer Spray and was popped up with thin foam tape. I pulled out an older Hero Arts stamp set for the sentiment and added some of the punched butterflies that are also shimmery. While the yellow polka dot strip came in the kit, I added a stitched white scalloped border using an MFT border die.


Inside, I used more dies from the Blueprints #13 set (which is what I used to die cut all three of the green/aqua stitched rectangles) and will write a note on the white piece. The little yellow flower element came in the kit.

I also used the negative portion of one of the punched butterflies to create a stencil to use on the envelopes, and used Taylored Expressions blending brushes to apply the colour to the envelope fronts and flap. This is a retired Stampin' Up Punch that I used on the first batch of cards.



And finally, Paper Pumpkin Alternate Card #8.


The final bouquet was also given a spritz with Shimmer spray and was popped up with thin foam tape. I pulled out the sentiment from the June Paper Pumpkin kit "Box of Sunshine". I found an online listing for an unopened kit and purchased it but haven't used it yet. Those stamps though - they are going to be great!


Since this one will also be sent out as Happy Mail, I left the white area blank so I can write a little note. The yellow flower was included in the kit and I added two more punched butterflies.


All in all I made fourteen cards with this kit! I have another video sharing the remaining six cards late next week. If you would like to see my first five February Paper Pumpkin Alternates, you can find that HERE.


Supplies - everything from the February 2021 Paper Pumpkin Kit "Bouquet of Hope" unless listed below:

1078 Easter Charms - Karen Burniston
1084 Happy Spring - Karen Burniston
Shimmer Spray
Scalloped Border die - MFT Stamps
Thinking of You stamp - Hero Arts
Patterned paper - Field & Flowers, Stampin' Up
Blueprints #13 die set - MFT Stamps
Wink of Stella
Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart
Stitched rectangle die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Card stocks
Gold gel pen
Oh So Ombre patterned paper - Stampin' Up
June 2020 Paper Pumpkin 'Box of Sunshine'
Pierced Blooms dies - Stampin' Up
In Bloom stamp set - Stampin' Up
Stickles
Card sizes - all, standard A2 (4.25 x 5.5")

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!