Sunday 21 February 2021

Deer Pop Up Slimline Card


Hello! Our Son-in-Law is a hunter, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do for his Birthday card this year. I started out pulling out a bunch of dies by Karen Burniston and this is what I came up with. I have a walk through of my card (and how I fixed an oops) on YouTube too: 

Using the Long Nature Edges combined with the deer/ground from the Outdoor Scene allowed me to create this Slimline scene. I also added two trees from the Tree Pop up die set. I really like this tree die - both the size and the shape of it.


Inside, I used both the Explosion Pop Up (for the centre panel) and the Mini Pops (the trees on either side). The Celebrate was added to a fish tail banner, and I die cut a deer silhouette from a Christmas stamp/die set for the stag on the trimmed circle.


Here is a side view so you can see the pop ups a little better.


I used Kraft card stock a LOT last year, but the past several months I've been craving bright rainbow colours. I have to say I enjoyed using Kraft again for this card.

Supplies:
Card stocks - stash
1005 Tree Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1146 Mini Pops - Karen Burniston
1063 Evergreen Pivot Panel - Karen Burniston
1152 Long Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
1069 Explosion Pop Up - Karen Burniston
1057 Circle Crosshatch die set - Karen Burniston
1151 Crosshatch Long Rectangles - Karen Burniston
1067 Celebrate - Karen Burniston
1045 Outdoor Scene - Karen Burniston
Copic markers
Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes
Sentiment on front - Birthday Greetings, Studio Katia
White paint pen
Wink of Stella
Plaid patterned paper - Karen Foster Design (old)
Stag head die - Hampton Arts
Stitched Strips - Trinity Stamps
Sentiment inside - Hampton Arts
Black marker
Enamel Shapes - Stampin' Up
Jute ribbon - Stampin' Up
Card size - 4 x 8.5", fits in a #10 Business Envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!