Monday 22 February 2021

5 x 7" Flip-Its Sympathy Card

Hello!  My sympathy card supply has dwindled, and I want to build it back up. I used 'that paper' from Hobby Lobby which was sent to me as a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) in November. (Thank you Marilyn!!)  I chose the 5 x 7" Circle Flip-Its die set by Stephanie Barnard for my card and I have a walk through on YouTube: 


The With Sympathy circle die is a different die set by Stephanie Barnard, but it is sized to work with the Flip-Its set too. I love that! The circle element was given a spritz with my shimmer spray and gold gel pen highlights before it was popped up with thin foam tape. I added a piece of pretty, shimmery ribbon that is blue on one side and green on the other.


The butterflies were punched from vellum and adhered in the centre only so the wings can lift. I added green/gold Glitter Dots to the centre.


Inside, I stamped the sentiment onto a stitched circle and added another vellum butterfly. The label on the right was added so I have a place to sign our names.


I stamped on the envelope using coordinating colours, and this card was done and ready to put into the bin. Hopefully for a long time.


Supplies:
Patterned paper - Eucalyptus, Hobby Lobby
5 x 7" Circle Flip-Its die set - Stephanie Barnard
With Sympathy Circle die - the Stamps of Life
Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Card stocks - stash
Vellum
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Wink of Stella
Stitched circle - MFT Stamps
Sympathy Words and flowers on envelope - Hero Arts
Tasteful Label dies - Stampin' Up
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold gel pen - Sakura
Card size:  5 x 7", fits in a standard A7 envelope

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!