Thursday 26 November 2020

Holly Shaker Card for Christmas

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing another shaker card using Karen Burniston's new Holly Pattern Plate. I also used the new Slim Frames for my die cut sentiment. To get the red mat around the outside of the frame, I die cut the frame another two times from red and snipped those two in half. Then I adhered the red layers behind the frame making sure I had an even border on the outer edges.


Inside I added a Merry Christmas die cut along with a plaid patterned paper and a Crosshatch Rectangle (both dies by Karen Burniston).


There is a lot of sparkle on this card - perfect for the holidays. Because the Pattern Plates are designed to fit perfectly on an A2 card, I needed a frame around the outer edge for a place to add my thick foam tape. Nesting two of the Crosshatch Rectangles together works really well for a frame and I could use the fallaway piece from the centre on another project.



Supplies:
White Pearl card stock
1149 Holly Pattern Plate - Karen Burniston
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Acetate
Various shaker filler - stash
Green patterned paper - Where the Heart Is, My Minds Eye
Other patterned papers - Countdown to Christmas, My Mines Eye
1050 Slim Frames - Karen Burniston
1022 Word Set 3 Holiday - Karen Burniston
Stickles
1065 Merry Christmas - Karen Burniston 
Card and envelope set - Michaels
Card size - 5 x 6.5", fits in the included envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!