Wednesday 25 November 2020

Dog Themed Joy Fold Card

 Hello crafty friends ...

I loved this patterned paper from Stampin' Up - especially the cute dogs that can be fussy cut and added to cards. That is what I did with this card which is a Fun Fold Card ... it's a Joy Fold Card. I haven't made a Joy Fold Card in awhile, so it was fun to use the different patterned papers for this type of card.

I have a walk through and quick tutorial on my YouTube video:

The front flap stays in the closed position because I tucked the upper left corner under that little banner but it opens easily.

The 'Yappy Birthday To You' was added as well as another fussy cut dog. That one was on the edge of the paper and not a full image, but adding it to the bottom of my inner panel allowed me to use what would otherwise have been put in recycling.


I went over the dogs eyes and noses with a black glaze pen for a little shine. I didn't add any shimmer spray (!!!) to keep this a masculine card although it could easily go to any dog lover.

Some quick measurements for you:  

  • Cut your card base 8.5 x 4.25"
  • Score 3" from left edge
  • Cut your Inner card 8 x 3" and score in the centre at 4"
  • Decorate your panels before adhering them together as shown in the video.


Supplies:
Card stocks - stash
Patterned paper - Playful Pets - Stampin' Up
Sakura Black Glaze Pen
Wink of Stella
Stitched Oval die - MFT Stamps
Simple Strips Woof - Taylored Expressions
Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expressions
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Just for you - Birthday Blowout, Poppy Stamps
Resin heart - Stampin' Up
Card size - Wide A2, 5.5 x 4.25"

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!