Saturday 7 November 2020

Coffee & Hamsters Pop 'n Swap Card

Hello crafty friends ...

Today I have a fun pop up card to send out for Happy Mail, and with the coffee theme it's also for the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop.


I have a walk through of my card on YouTube because interactive cards are always more fun to see in action.   

I forgot to add my acetate before adhering the patterned paper, so instead die cut one of the included Pop 'n Swap rectangle dies from a piece of the red patterned paper and put that piece aside for a different project. Taking the patterned paper with the rectangle cut from the centre, I used a paper trimmer to cut an even border around the rectangle opening which gave me the frame.

I adhered acetate behind the frame and then attached the whole thing over the opening!


Isn't this Coffee & Tea border die lovely? I bought it from Your Next Stamp back in the Spring, just to use on my coffee cards.


The Pop 'n Swap is so fun - but hard to capture in photographs. In the photo below you can see that the cute sleeping hamster that is visible through the window  ... slips behind the rectangle as the card is opened and the hamster in the cup appears from below.


I had these gold vinyl stickers in my embellishment bin, but have been making good use out of them lately. They are retired, as is most of the items in my craft room - but that doesn't stop me from enjoying them!


I'll be back tomorrow with another card for the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop!

Supplies:
1133 Pop 'n Swap - Karen Burniston
Acetate
Coffee & Tea Border die - Your Next Stamp
Black Olive Ink - Your Next Stamp
Hammie Coffee & Tea - Your Next Stamp
Hammie Coffee & Tea die set - Your Next Stamp
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Ohuhu alcohol markers
Sakura white gel pen
Thanks a Latte  - Your Next Stamp
Vinyl stickers - Painted Love Gold, Stampin' Up (old)
Banners Pick a Punch - Stampin' Up
Card size - 4.5 x 6", fits in an A6 envelope
Patterned paper - Basic Grey Wassail Collection (from my stash)

Thanks for stopping by today 

6 comments:

  1. wow! What an interact card...so much detail with the little dies! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hopped over from the Coffee Lovers gallery to see your card up close. I've never seen this pop and swap before. It's adorable with the little hamsters. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!