Thursday 19 November 2020

Fall Wreath Thanksgiving Card


Hello crafty friends ...

Today I'm sharing another Thanksgiving Card - with all of my Design Team obligations I didn't have room on the calendar to get them all posted before our Canadian Thanksgiving. But since the US Thanksgiving is still coming up, I figured I was ok to keep posting them. Soon though, I'll be all about sharing Christmas cards!


As I explained in the video with the wobbling skeleton card, every year when I am finished making my cards for that particular season, I gather up any embellishments I'd made but not used and put them in a baggie. Then I make new embellishments the next year instead of going through the old ones. This year I decided to go through that baggie and make good use out of some of those elements. The wreath & shadow and crow were in the baggie, likely Cricut cut many years ago. But since the wreath was too large for an A2 card it went into the baggie ... A2 cards were what I made for many years. 

I pulled out one of these larger card and envelope sets from Michaels, some fall themed patterned paper and some of the embellishments from the September Paper Pumpkin kit. There was a TON of leaves and flowers and vines in there so I enjoyed using up some of them to decorate my wreath.

Below is the card inside, with a stamped sentiment and a few more elements from the baggie. I did good using up a bunch of things from that baggie this year!


While it's hard to see in the photos, my decorated wreath did get a blast of shimmer spray for some subtle sparkle.



Supplies:
Wreath - Cricut cut years ago
Flowers, words, leaves and vines - September 2020 Paper Pumpkin, Stampin' Up
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Shimmer Mist
Card stocks - stash
Copper ribbon - Stampin' Up
Crow - Cricut cut years ago
Pumpkin - Elizabeth Craft Designs (done years ago)
Patterned paper and border - Harvest Delight, Recollections
Gold gel pen
Sentiment - Give Things, Echo Park
Sequins
Card and envelope set - Michaels

Card size - 5 x 6.5", fits in the included envelope

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!