Tuesday 3 November 2020

Autumn Blessings Slimline Card


Hello crafty friends ...

It's time for Karen Burniston's November 2020 Designer Challenge: Create a Slimline Card with an Autumn Theme". Woo hoo - any chance to make a Slimline card and I'm a happy camper. I have a walk through of my card on YouTube as well.


Not only did I make a Slimline card, I made one with an acetate front and a little pop up inside!


The words Autumn Blessings were die cut from gold foil card stock to go with the gold on the border strip.


We are SO excited that Karen has dies for Slimline cards now and I used all three of the Long Nature Edges on my card, as well as the tree from the Tree Pop Up.



The spiral is from the new Mini Pops and I added some leaves from the Tree Pop Up. Such a fun unexpected little detail in a card.


While I went over the details in my video, here are some quick measurements for you ...

  • Cut card base 5 x 8.5" and score 1" from the edge on the long side
  • Acetate panel was cut to 3-3/4 x 8.5"
  • Adhere Acetate to front top flap taking care bottom and side edges remain even.  Adhere border strip over the acetate on the card front.

The rest of the Design Team will be sharing their projects today - their blogs are linked on the right. Karen Burniston will have her project tomorrow (Wednesday) on her blog.


Supplies:

Various card stocks - stash

Patterned paper - Harvest Delight, Recollections

1152 Long Nature Edges - Karen Burniston

Hand made cloud stencil

Taylored Expressions Blending Brushes

Copic markers

1060 Word Set 7 Autumn - Karen Burniston

Nuvo Glitter Pen

Gold Foil Card Stocks - Stampin 'Up

1063 House Pivot Panels (tree) - Karen Burniston

1146 Mini Pops - Karen Burniston

1005 Tree Pop Up - Karen Burniston

Card size - 4 x 8.5", fits in a. #10 Business Envelope


Thanks for stopping by today

12 comments:

  1. love your card would have never thought to make the grass die brown thats awesome!!! a different way to use it almost looks like bushes or reeds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we'd just cut/tear out a cloud stencil. Yep Decades ago...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made this card. Thank you for showing us how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning! I love all of the different papers and textures you have chosen. I would frame this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning creation! So lovely with this fabulous layout! Nice work Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you created a double scene.
    Absolutely stunning.
    Marcia Vick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Reminds me of driving through a park with the trees and the beautiful colors and the textures you used are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card. Everything about it is awesome. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards. Such talented designers you all are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this card. And you gave us so many tips in your video! Thank yo so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see you using old patterned papers which I am sure we all have lots of. Love the scene inside and that cut spiral with leaves. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!