Sunday 22 November 2020

Five Gift Card Holders, Two Tags and One Slimline Card!




Hello crafty friends ...

I got my November 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit on Tuesday evening which was perfect timing as I was getting a Christmas parcel ready to take to the post office and I needed a Gift Card Holder. This kit makes FIFTEEN cute pocket Gift Card Holders with coordinating envelopes ... see what I mean about perfect timing?

I also did a YouTube Video with a walkthrough of my first November 2020 Paper Pumpkin Projects!  I have a lot of photos, mostly for other Paper Pumpkin subscribers who love to see what everyone does with their kits. I won't be offended if you just quickly scroll by and move on with your day. 😉


Now I make a lot of Gift Card Holders, so I don't need fifteen more - but the fun thing about Paper Pumpkin is you can make all kinds of things other than the suggested projects and Stampin' Up is very generous with their supplies. So I only made five Gift Card Holders, three as per the instructions with the little pocket and two that open like a card with a strip to hold the gift card. I will share the rest of my November 2020 Paper Pumpkin projects in a week or two.

This was the first one I made ... those puffy Candy Dots are just ADORABLE! I added lots of Stickles too, because ... well ...  you know me and sparkle. I also gave these white panels a blast with my shimmer spray.


Below is the back side of the Gift Card Holder. How cute are those coordinating envelopes?


I did two nearly identical ones and then this one with the 'more squarish' rectangle on the front.


For the next two, I cut off the side tab that you would use to create the pocket and that left me with a little Gingerbread House Shaped card! I decorated it with the stamps that were included but also pulled in an MFT stamp set for the envelope front and the sentiment stamped on the bordered rectangle.


I sacrificed one of the envelopes so I could use the striped paper on the inside to create my little strip that is glued to the inside of the Gift Card Holder with two flaps that fold underneath the Gift Card.


Below you can see what it looks like with the gift card removed. While the windows on the stamped house look blurry in the photos ... it's actually the light reflecting on the gold Nuvo Shimmer Pen glitter. 


Next, I made two tags by cutting two of the Gingerbread House pieces in half so I could use the back sides only.  Now the puffy Candy Dots would have been SO cute on these tags, but I am trying to use up these candy cane border stickers so I snipped two from one of the borders and glued them down instead. We were also doing a porch drop off of my kids & Grandkids' December First Gifts this week and these two tags are going on the white gift bags for our son and his girlfriend. The cute Candy Dot would be lost on him and I wanted the tags to match.



I used one of the Gingerbread House fronts (from the tags above) to create this BRIGHT and cheery Slimline Trifold card! Check out the little Gingerbread Man standing in the doorway. 


I used the Winter Charms by Karen Burniston to create the Gingerbread Man, and since I didn't have any of the same coloured card stock as in the Paper Pumpkin kit, I die cut the Gingerbread Boy charm from an area of the Gingerbread House that would be hidden by the white scalloped layer! Now this is a charm, but I snipped off the hanging hole so I would just have a Gingerbread Boy as he didn't need to hang in the doorway. 😊


I love those puffy Candy Drops, and I cut three different colours in half and added them at the top of the stamped label. Both the label and sentiment are from a retired SU set and not from the Paper Pumpkin kit.  The cute little tree beside the doorway is also from the Winter Charms and a SU iridescent snowflake hides the hanging hole. I also added two punched trees behind the house - the snow hill was sitting on my stamping table from a different project so it worked out perfectly for this card.

When you open the left side, you see another Gingerbread Man and a punched tree along with one of the puffy Candy Dots.


Finally, when you open the right flap the greeting is revealed, along with some more stamping etc!


For those of you who want to make one of these Slimline Trifold cards, here are the measurements. Since I talk about making these in other videos,  this is just a quick measurement guide.
  • Cut your card base 8.5 x 8.5".
  • Score 2" from the left side and 3" from the right side. This gives you your 3.5 x 8.5" Slimline card when it's folded.
  • My decorated panel on the front measures 3 x 5".
  • I cut my patterned paper layers 1/4" smaller, so if the left flap is 2 x 8.5", then my patterned paper (or DSP if you are a SU customer/demonstrator) is cut 1/4" smaller at 1.75 x 8.25".


Supplies: Unless listed below, everything came in the November 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit from Stampin' Up


Gift Card Holders 1, 2 & 3 
Mini MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Shimmer Spray
Stickles
Clear heart resin sticker - Stampin' Up

Gift Card Holders 4 & 5
Extra stamps - Gifting Fun, MT Stamps
Banners Pick A Punch - Stampin' Up
Card stocks 
Gold Nuvo Shimmer Pen
Wink of Stella
Clear heart resin sticker - Stampin' Up
Copic marker
Stickles

#6 - Slimline Card
Patterned paper - Over the Rainbow, Recollections
Card stocks
1018 Winter Charms - Karen Burniston
Sakura white gel pen
Stickles
Copic markers
Snowflake embellishments - Stampin' Up
Double Pierced Hills - Your Next Stamp
Snowflake embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Stamps on front - Merry Christmas to All, Stampin' Up (retired)
Torn mask and
I-crafter blending brushes
Tree punch - McGill??
Greeting inside - October 2020 Paper Pumpkin

#7 and 8 - Tag duo
Candy cane embellishment - trimmed from long K & Co border sticker I've had for years. 
Bakers Twine

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!