Tuesday 21 August 2018

You Are Special To Me

Good morning friends

Today's share is a card I made for a friend. I started with an older technique, where you stamp on glossy card stock with watermark ink, dry the ink with a heat gun then sponge dye inks over top. The watermark ink acts as a resist, but the final result was underwhelming. I don't think I had enough contrast with my background stamp being made up of tiny dots. So I did a second panel by white embossing the background stamp and then sponged the colour over top, wiping away the excess from the white embossing with a tissue. Ahhhh - much better!


I combined the two pieces here, cutting the stitched frame from the resist piece and adding vellum waves and stamped sea life to the embossed panel. These cute images are by Pink and Main, and my friend was with me when I bought the set. We were at the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show in March, and initially she had this set in her stack but changed her mind for their gym planner stamps so then I grabbed this set. The Octopus and the Dolphin are my favourite images from the stamp set!


Inside I used another stitched frame with vellum waves and a few more stamps from the set. That seahorse cracks me up.


I'm sure my friend enjoyed getting some Happy Mail last week.

Supplies:
1038 Tropical Scene - Karen Burniston
Seas the Day stamps - Pink and Main
White card stock
Derwent water colour pencils & water brush
Matte glossy card stock
Wink of Stella
White gel pen - Sakura
Black glaze pen - Sakura
Vellum
Background image - Impression Obsession
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Clear embossing powder
Stitched frame dies - Lawn Fawn
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop-Up (banner) - Karen Burniston
Words on front, Narwhals stamp set - Pink and Main
Word stamp inside - Stampendous

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh I love that background you used on this ... may need to look for that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!