Saturday 18 August 2018

C4C448 Toucan Hello Sketch Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy4Challenges Blog.  Our August hostess is Anja de Regt, and our guest designer is Connie VanLoosen.

Anja's challenge this week is a sketch challenge:




This is such a fun sketch - and so easy to dress up or dress down. I will use this one again for sure. For my challenge card today I used Karen Burniston's Crosshatch oval die set, nesting two of the ovals together and cutting an oval frame from patterned paper. It was popped up on a white oval with foam tape.


The Toucans are so cute! I coloured them with Intense pencils, but the ink did not blend very well at all with the card stock I used. I added a die cut 'hello' and stamped only the 'there' from a 'hello there' stamp set for my greeting. Then I felt the white oval needed something else, so I added a layered heart from the Katherine Label Pop-Up and some Nuvo Crystal Drops.




Here is a peek at the inside - t
he toucan inside hides the sunglasses printed on the journal card.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C448.


Supplies:

White, red and black card stocks
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
1055 Ovals Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - Carta Bella
Derwent Inktense Pencils
Water brush
Toucan Party stamps - Newtons Nook
Sakura white gel pen
Wink of Stella
1052 Word Set 6 Summer - Karen Burniston
'There' - MFT Stamps
Enamel Accents
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up (hearts) - Karen Burniston


Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. This card is adorable! I love the colors, and....birds! I love tropical birds! I'm checking out some of the other cards, and am starting to get a sense of what a sketch card is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost don't know whether to thank you or curse you for introducing me to Newton's Nook stamps and dies, but I believe THANKS are in order! I love the lighthearted tone of their designs. They're whimsical without being cartoonish. Your cards are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - you are welcome! They really do have some great images. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!