Monday 27 August 2018

Palm Tree Celebrate Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

Today's card using a few more of the upcoming new release by Karen Burniston ... the Ocean Animals, Wine Charms and Celebrate die. I've paired them here with the Palm Tree Pop-Up, but used it a little differently as you will see .


The front panel were fun to make. I cut the decorator panel slightly smaller than the Gatefold card front, which is 6 x 5". Then I die cut the stitched waves from the Tropical Scene several times across the panel. It doesn't reach all the way to the edges, so I just centred the die between the edges each time I ran it through the Big Shot. Then I cut the panel in half vertically and adhered each half to the sides of my Gatefold card. I like the embossed look the waves give the panel, but since they didn't cut all the way to the edges it was easy peasy to adhere the side panels.

The light water colour panel was just a scrap of white card stock I had grabbed when there were some ink puddles on my glass mat. I dipped and dragged it through the ink then put it aside to dry as I didn't need it but didn't want to 'waste' the ink puddles. I always save these pieces to use later on on something.

I die cut the Octopus from the new Ocean Animals, and several wine glasses from the new Wine Charms. I used a water colour panel from my stash that I had created with Colorburst and Magical Shakers. The purple isn't nearly as harsh in real life as it shows in the photos. The Wine Charms are really cool - they are going to be a fun addition to many people's collections. They have two differently shaped glasses, two differently shaped bottles, the labels for the bottles and the 'filler' for the glasses, as well as a bunch of grapes. I cut the wine glass filler from white card stock and added some shimmer with a Wink of Stella pen.



Here is a look at the inside, where I added the Palm Tree Pop-Up to the left side of my Gatefold card. I like that this is such a different way to use this Pop-Up, instead of a standard top or side fold card.


The Sea Turtle from the Sea Animals is holding one of the wine bottles, and I added some stamped dot clusters as well as a sprinkling of die cut sea shells from the Tropical Scene die set.


The Celebrate is the same font as the previously released Happy Birthday die that I use so often and it's a nice big size to make a statement on your projects. The crab from the Sea Animals is also holding a wine glass. The new Ocean Animals also has a crab, but it is bigger and facing the other direction so that will be fun to pair with the Sea Animal crab for lots of different scenes etc.


The Palm Tree island comes from the Tropical Scene set as well.


Finally, for those of you who like to Pin group shots, here you go:


Remember to ask your local retailer to bring them in for you! Otherwise, the new release will be available for pre-orders on September 1st.

Supplies:
Teal, green kraft, brown and black card stocks
Patterned paper - Ella & Viv
Sakura white gel pen
Sakura black glaze pen
Dot stamp - Stamps by Judith
Brown and black fine point markers
1068 Ocean Animals - Karen Burniston - COMING IN SEPTEMBER 2018
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Colorburst - Ken Oliver
1073 Wine Charms - Karen Burniston - COMING IN SEPTEMBER 2018
1067 Celebrate - Karen Burniston - COMING IN SEPTEMBER 2018
Distress Oxide Inks
Wink of Stella
Card size - 6 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!