Monday 20 August 2018

Tropical Chipboard Embellishment Duo

Good morning friends

I'm liking flamingo's these days. And gold. So when I saw these tropical chipboard embellishments on sale at Michaels, I had to add a package (or two) to my cart.

I pulled them out to make a couple of cards and then realized how thick they actually were. I ended up splitting them by pulling off just over half of the chipboard from the backs. This gave me sturdy embellishments without all the original bulk. The discarded chipboard went into recycling.


The pieces come white with gold foiled details so I had fun colouring them with Copic markers.  I also used MFT's Triple Circle Peek-A-Boo window die set, which I found on clearance and get a lot of use out of!

The stamp on the front is actually a single line, so I snipped it apart to use here. It will easily fit back together on an acrylic block if I need to stamp it as one line in the future.


Here is a peek at the inside:


For my second card I really wanted to play up the gold on the embellishments, so used a different paper pad and added gold foil card stock details.





The first card was mailed to a faraway friend, and the second is in my stash.

Supplies:
Chipboard embellishments - Recollections
Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window die set - MFT Stamps
Copic markers
Patterned paper - Carta Bella
Pink, white & blue card stocks
1054 Rectangles Crosshatch - Karen Burniston
Words for flamingo card - MFT stamps
Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Banner die - MFT Stamps
Resin heart stickers - Doodlebug
Stickles
Words inside - Papertrey Ink
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Chalks
Banner punch - Stampin' Up

Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window die set - MFT Stamps
Patterned paper - Cloud 9
Chipboard embellishments - Recollections
Copic markers
Kraft and white card stocks
Gold foil card stock - Stampin' Up
1002 Word Set 1 Greetings - Karen Burniston
1047 Upsy Daisy Pop-Up (banner) - Karen Burniston
Sakura gold gel pen
1009 Twist Panel Pop-Up (heart) - Karen Burniston



Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. what fun cards, love how you used the Stitched Peek-a-boo window die

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still hoarding my flamingo paper...need to make some summertime cards...for next year! I like how you used the scallop stitched die and off set it. Gave some interested to that side of the card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!